Sri Lanka, is a rapidly developing island nation in the Indian subcontinent that has a population of nearly 20.5 million. Sri Lanka has seen huge investments in recent years and new Industries booming.
Imports in Sri Lanka increased to 1585.50 USD Million in May from 1490.50 USD Million in April of 2015. Imports in Sri Lanka averaged 1070.58 USD Million from 2001 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 1986.40 USD Million in November - reported by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
SRI LANKA LAB EXPO will be a professional, specialized and international platform and a must-attend trade show for the need of Laboratory, analytical& Scientific Instruments& Lab Consumables.
- Sri Lanka’s Economic Growth has been one of the fastest among Asia’s developing economies in recent years.
- Increasing education expenditure to 6% of GDP
- Sri Lanka Food Proccesing Indusrties is projected to grow to Rs. 15.5 Billion by year 2016
- Pharmaceuticals: LKR75.1bn (USD575mn) in 2014 to LKR82.6bn (USD612mn) in 2015; +10.0% growth in local currency terms and 6.4% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: LKR282.9bn (USD2.2bn) in 2014 to LKR307.4bn (USD2.3bn) in 2015; +8.7% growth in local currency terms and 5.1% in US dollar terms.
- In 2013 Sri Lanka has spent Rs. 67.7 billion (US$ 524 million) for pharmaceuticals and Rs. 75.09 billion (US$ 570 million) in 2014.
- Market leaders in diagnostic labs are investing huge amount in Sri Lanka for estabilish new labs in the region.
- Sri Lankan Territory education system consist of 15 universities, 7 Post Graduate institutes, 10 other higher education institutes and 1,138 technical and vocational education and training institute.